Thai Inspired Salad
A healthy cabbage based salad packed with veggies and topped with a creamy peanut dressing
Servings: 6 people
- 5 cups shredded coleslaw mix with carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup edamame shelled, cooked, and cooled
- 1/2 cup green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter creamy
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and set aside.
In a food processor or blender, combine the dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth.
Pour dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Alternatively, you can serve the dressing on the side.
This salad is very forgiving. You can omit any ingredients you don't like and make adjustments as needed.
Add more or less oil to the dressing until the desired consistency is reached.
If meal prepping, it is helpful to store salad ingredients separated and serve dressing on the side.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 576mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 3891IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg