Prepare the artichokes for cooking by removing the stem and slicing off the top. Use kitchen scissors to snip off the tips of each leaf.
Place the steamer rack into the bottom of the instant pot and pour the required amount of water inside. Drop a few lemon slices into the water and place the artichokes, stem side down, onto the rack.
Replace the lid and seal it properly. Move the valve to the “sealing” position to prepare for pressure cooking.
Cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes and quickly release the pressure when done.
Serve immediately with desired toppings.
- You'll need to adjust cooking time depending on the size of your artichoke.
- Small artichokes only need to cook for 10 minutes
- Medium artichokes cook for 20 minutes, as directed in the recipe
- Large artichokes will need to cook for 30 minutes
- The amount of water you need depends on the size of your pressure cooker.
- 3-quart models will need ¾ cup of water
- 6-quart models will need 1 cup of water
- 8-quart models will need 1 ½ cups of water
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg