Are you ready for some delicious and simple recipes inspired by the four seasons and our beautiful Great Lakes?
Hi, I'm Karen. I am so blessed to live on the shores of Lake Michigan. I live in the heart of a major agricultural area, tucked right off the coastline and have become so passionate about eating simply, seasonally and locally.
Here you are going to find tasty, produce-driven recipes that will have you excited about all four seasons. Things like:
- Monthly Seasonal Produce Guides
- Meal Plans
- Some tried and true family favorite recipes and Classics with a seasonal twist
- Kid friendly recipes plated in fun ways so kids will be excited to find their next favorite fruit or vegetable!
Let me help keep you inspired in the kitchen!
As a food photographer and recipe developer, I know my way around the kitchen! My family is blessed to have generations of very talented cooks, and I learned from the absolute best ... my mom. I started cooking at a young age, helping cook for my family of 7 and now cook for my own family of 6. Over the years, I have learned the tips and tricks to selecting the FRESHEST produce and meats and how to prepare them in a simple way to let their natural flavors shine.
As a mother of four, I am passionate about bringing families together for mealtime. It is my goal to provide recipes and images that inspire you to try something new in the kitchen.
10 Fun Foodie Facts
- Favorite Fruit: Pineapple! Close second (and third...and fourth) are perfectly ripe Red Haven peaches, BlueCrop Blueberries and Michigan Pinks straight off the vine from Stover's Farm Market.
- Favorite Vegetable: I love fresh Campari tomatoes fresh off the vine and ripe from the sun!
- Favorite Breakfast: Eggs Benedict
- Favorite Meals: My mom's spaghetti, my husband's grilled steak and sushi!
- Favorite Dessert: Creme Brulee
- Favorite Restaurant: I love Japanese Steakhouses! I live in a small town, so I have to travel to get to one but its ALWAYS worth it!
- Favorite Candy: I have a slight obsession with Reese's - my favorite ones are the holiday shapes such as the hearts on Valentines Day or the eggs on Easter.
- I have a vivid memory of taking my mom's camera when I was little and wasting an entire roll of film on some chocolate cupcakes. Pretty sure it did it again, a few years later with a disposable camera. And again... and again....
- I used to have a cooking show with my best friend. We used my mom's camcorder propped on the counter and filmed several episodes of ourselves cooking and hosting a show with southern accents.
- My favorite recipe on my blog are: Beef Wellington - wait until you can get high quality beef tenderloin and cook exactly to medium rare temp!
Another Fun Fact: I have my Introductory Certificate through the Court of Master Sommeliers! I love cooking with wine and putting together the perfect pairing for special occasions. The entire experience of preparing for and taking the exam made me a better cook. I learned a lot about complimentary flavor profiles, balancing acidity and sweetness and food/wine paring.
Working With Bloggers
I offer many services to bloggers including recipe development, photography services and cookbook consulting. I would love to talk to you more about how I can help!
Update Feb 23': I am currently booked out for blogging clients - but have openings on my wait list and also have content available on my instant download content store. Email me at [email protected] for more information.
Working with Brands
Thanks for checking out Fresh Coast Eats! I am so glad you are here and can't wait to hear how I can help your brand.
I offer (but not limited to)
- Recipe Development
- Food Photography
- Sponsored Posts with strong SEO
- Recipe Videos
- Social Media Posts
Just a few of the most recent companies I have worked with:
- Sugar in the Raw
- Vital Proteins
When working with brands, it is important to me to create captivating images that tell a story. I would love to help you tell yours! Please email me at [email protected] to discuss how I can help you.