Strawberry Pancakes Recipe: Perfect fluffy pancakes you will LOVE for breakfast – featuring strawberries! These are the best pancakes you’ll ever try.
Ah, pancakes…. the ultimate breakfast food. The fluffy melt-in-your-mouth sweet bread with syrup is the perfect way to start your day.
But add strawberries to them? Game changer. There’s something about the sweet strawberry taste that makes these absolute heaven.
Now if you’re not too great at cooking that perfect pancake, not to worry! I’ve included some tips below to help you create that perfect morning pancake experience.
Oh and they freeze well too! This is a great meal prep breakfast recipe as you can double or triple this recipe, cook up a ton of pancakes, and pop them in the freezer.
Now before we get to how to make that perfect pancake, let’s discuss the strawberries real quick…
How to pick good strawberries
The key to a delicious strawberry pancakes recipe is in the quality of the strawberries. The trick is finding the perfect ripeness so they have the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
When selecting strawberries, look for:
- A very bright red color from top to bottom (no yellow or green towards the stem)
- Fresh leaves and stem that have not started to wilt
- No “bad” strawberries hiding towards the bottom
- A sweet aroma coming from the strawberries
Note: strawberries are best while in season but if you can’t find any good quality ones, frozen strawberries can also be used (just make sure to thaw them before using).
What makes pancakes fluffy?
Fluffy pancakes means they’re basically perfect by default. If you struggle to get that perfect fluffy texture, here’s a few things to look for:
- All your ingredients are fresh (meaning you’re not using 6 month old baking powder, for example).
- Do not overmix the batter (you want a few lumps in there)
- Grease your pan with oil or butter (as well as using butter in the batter so they aren’t too dry)
Baking tools you might need
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mixing bowl: I like glass mixing bowls the best for baking!
- Hand mixer: A good hand mixer is a must if you don’t have a stand mixer.
- Griddle: I find it so much easier to make pancakes on a griddle like this one!
How to cook the perfect pancake
There is nothing better than the perfect pancake, is there? If you’re new to cooking pancakes or struggle to get it “right”, follow the tips below while cooking.
Start by prepping the griddle or skillet and set it to 375F for best results.
Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet once hot, making sure to space out the batter so there’s enough room to not only cook, but flip without them getting stuck together.
Cook the first side until the edges are cooked, the bubbles pop without filling back up, and the bottom is a golden brown.
Flip and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
Ingredients for strawberry pancakes
- Flour: you’ll need some flour to form the base of your pancake!
- Baking powder: this is what makes your pancakes nice and fluffy.
- Salt: just a bit of salt to balance out the sweetness in this recipe!
- Sugar: sugar will give your pancakes a nice sweetness with the strawberries.
- Milk: I used whole milk and I think it’s best for the rich creamy flavor!
- Eggs: just an egg to hold everything together while cooking.
- Butter: make sure the butter is melted and cooled to room temperature to make your pancakes easier to cook!
- Strawberries: chop up lots of strawberries to add to these delicious pancakes.
How to make strawberry pancakes
- Prepare the griddle or frying pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add the milk, egg, and butter and mix using an electric mixer; blend until well incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup of the strawberries into the batter.
- Cook your pancakes over medium heat until lightly brown on both sides and cooked through (see notes for best cooking method).
- Serve hot topped with remaining strawberries, whipped cream, and syrup. Enjoy!
How do you store strawberry pancakes?
Strawberry pancakes leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator or you can freeze them to make them last longer!
If storing them in the fridge, make sure they’re in an airtight container and they will stay good for 3-4 days.
If freezing the pancakes, place them in a freezer bag or airtight container in layers, adding parchment paper between each layer (so they don’t stick together). Pancakes stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to reheat, just pop them in the microwave in 30 second increments. You don’t even need to thaw frozen pancakes, just pop them in, add your toppings, and enjoy!
Strawberry pancake variations
After you’ve tried these delicious strawberry pancakes, you can also try to switch things up! Below are a few things you can try.
- Buttermilk pancakes: use store-bought buttermilk or make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to the milk and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Chocolate strawberry pancakes: add cocoa powder and chocolate chips to your batter.
- Banana strawberry pancakes: add a couple mashed bananas to your pancakes.
- Party pancakes: add fun sprinkles to your pancakes for a birthday breakfast idea!
More strawberry recipes:
Try these other breakfast ideas:
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- Use cooking spray to prepare the griddle or frying pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add the milk, egg and butter. Use an electric mixer to blend until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the strawberries.
- Cook pancakes over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve topped with the remaining fresh strawberries, whipped cream and syrup.
- How to cook the perfect pancake:
- Prep the griddle and set it to 375F.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle, spacing out each pancake.
- Cook the first side until the edges are cooked, the bubbles pop without filling back up, and he bottom is a golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- How to store leftovers:
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Freeze in a layered airtight container with parchment paper between each layer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat the pancakes in the microwave in 30 second increments. Frozen pancakes do not need to be thawed.
Pin this recipe for later!