This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
When it comes to Halloween, it’s so easy to find super sugary sweets and treats to get you in the spirit. But finding cute and spooky healthy options can be quite scary.
This Halloween Smoothie Bowl is the perfect solution! The creepy spider web and beautiful starry accents will tempt the pickiest of eaters into trying a taste.
The best part?
This Halloween Smoothie Recipe is nutrient packed with it’s berry and banana base, so it is healthy enough to start the day, perfect for refueling the kids after school yet sweet enough for dessert!
Let’s get started.
Ingredients for Halloween Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3-5 Tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
If you prefer to use sugar to sweeten your smoothies, be sure to use Dixie Crystals.
How to Make Halloween Smoothie Bowls
Making a healthy Halloween Smoothie has never been easier!
You will first want to start by putting your berries, bananas, milk, and honey into the blender.
If needed add 1-2 Tablespoons of milk slowly to get the desired consistency that you want. Smoothie bowl recipes are meant to be a little thicker so that you can eat them with a spoon.
Piping the spider web
This is the fun part! In a small ziplock bag, put the Greek Yogurt inside and cut a very small piece off the corner. In the middle of the smoothie bowl, make a small circle with your yogurt. Make 3 more larger circles around the first one.
Starting with the smallest circle, drag a knife outward to create a web.
Garnish your Halloween smoothie with banana slices, kiwi, fresh berries, chia seeds, star sprinkles. Don’t forget the plastic spiders to the extra Halloween touch!
Halloween Smoothie Bowl Tips and Notes
Add milk slowly
Start with 3 Tablespoons of milk for this Halloween smoothie recipe. It is important to keep the mixture as thick as possible, to enable the fruit to sit up top without sinking.
If you don’t have fresh berries you can always use frozen berries. You can use 2 cups of frozen berries, this will have less seeds as well.
Web Making Tips
Greek yogurt is the perfect yogurt for making the web pattern. It’s thick consistency that allows it to sit on the top of your smoothie bowl really nicely.
You can also use:
- regular yogurt
- whipped topping
Smoothie Bowls are Healthy
- Berries are loaded with antioxidants
- Bananas are packed with potassium and help you feel full longer
- Greek yogurt adds protein to your bowl
- Honey is a healthy way to sweeten, if you prefer to add sugar I prefer Dixie Crystals for their fine texture.
- Chia seeds have fiber, iron and omega 3’s
If you aren’t able to enjoy your Halloween smoothie right away you can keep it in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. You will want to keep it in a mason jar with the lid sealed to keep it fresh.
Halloween Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup blueberries frozen
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 2 bananas frozen
- 3-5 Tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons greek yogurt
- Place berries, bananas, 3 Tablespoons milk, and honey into a blender. Blend on medium low speed until smooth, adding an additional 1-2 Tablespoons of milk if needed.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small ziplock bag, but the Greek Yogurt inside and cut a very small piece off the corner.
- In the middle of the smoothie bowl, make a small circle with the yogurt. Make 3 more circles around the first circle.
- Using a sharp knife, glide the knife from the smallest circle outward to create a web pattern.
- Garnish your smoothie bowl with banana slices, kiwi, fresh berries, chia seeds, star sprinkles and plastic spiders.
- Start milk at 3 Tablespoons, sometimes you may not need anymore. Add the least amount of milk possible to keep your smoothie bowl nice and thick.
- You can also use 2 cups of mixed frozen berries, but this combination has less seeds.
- You can adjust the quantity of honey to make your smoothie bowl more sweet.
- Greek yogurt is great for making this web pattern! It’s thick consistency stays on top really nicely.
- This smoothie bowl is best fresh, but you can also freeze it if desired.
Tell me how your Halloween Smoothie Recipe turned out! Share in the comments!
Yum!Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today: Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Cake Mix Monster Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Bar Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Oreo Mummy Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Halloween Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from House of Nash Eats
- Eye Love Chocolate Sugar Cookies from An Affair From the Heart
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars form Back To My Southern Roots
- Bloody Broken Glass Red Velvet Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Bats Oreo Cupcakes from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting from The Flour Handprint
- The Scream Brownies from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Monster Chocolate Cake Brownies from JZ Eats
- Halloween Marshmallow Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Mini S’mores Pudding Pies from For the Love of Food
- Jack Skellington Boo-berry Pie from Savory Moments
- Halloween Smoothie Bowl from Fresh Coast Eats
- Halloween Pancakes from I Am A Honeybee
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Pastry Chef Online
- Bloody Hot Cocoa from It’s Shanaka
- Pennywise Ice Cream Float from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Wicked Witch Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Muddy Buddy Halloween Snack Mix from Tastes of Homemade
- Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats from The Spiffy Cookie
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Snack Board from Love and Confections
- Rice Krispie Treat Haunted Houses from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Ghostly Snack Mix from Fake Ginger
- Spooky Pretzel Rods from Take Two Tapas
- Halloween Candy Bark from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Batty For Chocolate Dessert Cheese Ball from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Dip from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Share this Halloween Smoothie Bowl on Pinterest!
Happy Halloween!Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!