When it’s hot outside, nothing beats the heat quite like this refreshing lemonade popsicles recipe! The perfect balance of sweet and tangy comes together in just 3 ingredients and will be a hit all summer long!
I’m a huge fan of homemade popsicles because I like to control the amount of sugar that goes in. Sometimes, store-bought popsicles are too sweet for my taste and usually made with high fructose corn syrup. That’s why this lemonade popsicles recipe is one of my summertime favorites!
Popsicle molds are easy to find at any major retailer or on Amazon. There are tons of different shapes and sizes, but for this recipe, I used a standard rectangular-shaped popsicle mold that makes 10.
You will also need popsicle sticks. The set linked above comes with some, but you can easily find extra on Amazon or any store that has baking items.
If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can easily use an ice cube tray for smaller pops and use toothpicks for the handles!
Ingredients for This Lemonade Popsicles Recipe
- Fresh Lemons: You’ll need about 4 medium to large lemons to make 1/2 cup of juice for this recipe.
- White Sugar: I love the taste of a simple lemonade with sugar, but you could also use honey if you wanted.
- Water: Helps to melt the sugar granules by making a simple syrup.
- Lemon Zest: Lemon zest is optional, but I love the extra lemony tang! The popsicles also look beautiful, spotted with flakes of yellow.
How to Make Lemonade Popsicles
- First, make your simple syrup by bringing water to a simmer and stirring in the sugar until it’s completely dissolved. Turn off the heat.
- Then, stir in your lemon juice and zest if using.
- Lastly, pour into your popsicle molds and freeze for at least 5 hours and enjoy!
These fruit popsicles can stay in their molds until you are ready to serve them. Sometimes, popsicles can get a little stuck, so you can easily release them by running them under warm water for a few seconds.
You can easily swap out lemons for limes or even combine the two for an extra refreshing treat! Honey is a great sweetener replacement. However, because honey is slightly sweeter than sugar, you might want to scale back slightly in your simple syrup.
Fresh herbs are another way to take this lemonade popsicle recipe up a notch! Add chopped tender herbs like fresh basil or mint directly to your mixture and freeze. Or steep thyme or rosemary to your simple syrup for an extra 5 minutes to infuse the flavor.
Hosting a summertime happy hour? These popsicles would taste amazing stirred into a margarita! You can also experiment by adding vodka to your popsicles for a tasty adult pool party treat!
More Summertime Treats
- Popsicle Molds
- Popsicle Sticks
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest optional
- In a small pan, bring water to a simmer and whisk in sugar until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice until fully incorporated.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the popsicle mold.
- Freeze for 5 hour or overnight.