This thick and creamy Peach Smoothie Bowl is like eating sunshine for breakfast! With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up the perfect smoothie bowl base and add all your favorite toppings for endless variations!
What is a Smoothie Bowl?
Smoothie bowls are like a cross between a smoothie and a yogurt parfait. Blend a thick concoction of frozen fruit and yogurt, add toppings, and then eat it with a spoon. It’s the best of both worlds!
For this Peach Smoothie Bowl, I wanted to select ingredients that really highlight the delicate peach flavor. Bananas and peaches work so beautifully together, and all you need is a little milk to create a thick and creamy texture that is perfect for eating out of a bowl!
How to Select the Perfect Peach
It might come as a surprise that peaches grow along the western shore of Lake Michigan. We mostly associate peaches with southern states like Georgia. (It is the peach state, after all!)
The peak season for Michigan peaches is from July – September, with the Red Haven peach being the most commonly planted variety here. They are simply gorgeous with their reddish-orange color and perfect for making cobblers and jams. They freeze really well, so you can store up some summertime flavor and save for a Peach Smoothie Bowl any time of the year!
However, you just can’t beat eating a fresh peach! When peaches are in-season, be sure to support your local farmer’s markets. You won’t find a better-tasting peach when it’s straight from the tree!
When selecting a peach at the farmer’s market or grocery store, look for firm peaches without any bruising. If eating right away, select peaches that have a little give when you’re handling them. The softer they are, the more ripe and juicy they are to eat. Allow them to hang out on the kitchen counter for a few days if they are too firm to eat.
Peach Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
- Peaches. Frozen or fresh will work for this recipe. However, if you are using fresh peaches, you’ll need to adjust the liquid to ensure the smoothie stays nice and thick.
- Banana. Fresh or frozen will work here.
- Greek Yogurt. Because greek yogurt is super thick, it’s perfect for making a smoothie bowl. If you don’t have greek yogurt, again, adjust the liquids when blending.
- Liquid. A little goes a long way for the perfectly thick smoothie bowl. Options can be milk, nut milk, or even a bit of water.
- Honey. For an added touch of sweetness.
How to make a Peach Smoothie Bowl
- Add your ingredients to the blender – adjusting the liquids as needed if you are using fresh or frozen fruit.
- Pulse until the ingredients are combined, and then continue blending until smooth.
- You are looking for a very thick consistency, almost like frozen yogurt.
- Pour into two serving bowls. You might need the help of a spatula to get everything out!
- Top your bowls with granola, nuts, fresh fruit or see suggestions below!
- Add the liquid to the blender first! This helps the smoothie come together more easily.
- If your smoothie is too thick, add a little extra liquid. Just a splash or two is something all that is needed!
- If your smoothie is too runny, add a few ice cubs or more pieces of frozen fruit until you achieve the right consistency.
One of my favorite things about making this smoothie bowl recipe is that I get to play with fun toppings! Here are some of my favorite:
- Fresh Peach Slices
- Banana Slices
- Chia Seeds
- Dried Fruit
- Drizzled Honey
This recipe is good for two servings. If you have any leftovers, pour into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and store in the freezer. It’s best if stored without any toppings.
To serve your leftover smoothie bowl, allow it to defrost slightly at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Give it a good stir, and then top with your reserved toppings.
More Smoothie Bowl Recipes
- Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl – A fun Halloween twist on a smoothie bowl recipe that tastes great any time of year!
- Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl – Not just for fall! This smoothie bowl is packed with nutrients.
- Cranberry Smoothie Bowl- With just 4 basic ingredients , this cranberry smoothie recipe is healthy, beautiful and super simple!
Peach Smoothie Bowl
- 1 lb Frozen Peaches
- 1 whole Banana
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt Vanilla or Peach Flavor
- 1/2 cup Water or Milk of choice
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Combine all ingrdients in a blender starting with the liquid first.
- Pulse until well combined then blend on medium low speed until smooth.
- Slowly add more water or milk of choice until desired consistency is achieved.