This Banana Peach Smoothie recipe makes a perfect healthy snack, easy meal on the go, or a simple sweet treat. Frozen peaches, bananas, greek yogurt, milk, and honey are blended together for a creamy, dreamy hunger fix that is not only healthy but delicious and easy too!
Smoothies are always a family favorite in our house! They are a kid-friendly, quick breakfast, easy snack, or even as dessert!
I love making them because they are always full of healthy ingredients and clean-up is a breeze. My go-to smoothie recipe is this tart cherry smoothie or sometimes I swap it out for a strawberry banana.
But today, since it is peach season here on the fresh coast, I knew we had to come up with a new favorite flavor to celebrate!
What's in a Peach and Banana Smoothie?
Making smoothies is so easy! I often have my kids help and my older children love to make them on their own. For this smoothie, you will need:
- Frozen peaches - you can use fresh if you have them, but you may need to add ice.
- Banana - Use fresh or frozen but I love frozen because they give the smoothie a thicker texture, almost like a milkshake.
- Greek yogurt - You can use plain or flavored, or regular yogurt if that's what you have on hand. Greek yogurt is thicker and healthier, so it's preferred. My favorite is to make it with vanilla yogurt or peach yogurt. Plain yogurt is best if you want a smoothie that's lower in sugar.
- Honey - Just for a little added sweetness.
- About ½ cup of liquid - Water, milk or juice. All three work just fine. However, milk makes a creamier smoothie than water or juice and the main drawback of using fruit juice is it adds more sugar to your smoothie.
Banana Peach Smoothie without Yogurt: If you don't care for greek yogurt, or just don't have any in the house you can still make this recipe swap it with regular yogurt. Or if you want to make it vegan or have a dairy sensitivity you can use your favorite non-dairy yogurt.
Sweetener: You can swap out the honey with any liquid sweetener such as maple syrup, agave syrup, or for a low sugar option, monk fruit sweetener.
Want to jazz up your healthy peach banana smoothie making it even better! Here are some flavors that go well with peaches. When adding fruit, reduce the amount of peaches added to adjust for the additional fruit and leave the banana the same.
- Spinach or Kale
How to Make a Peach Banana Smoothie
Making smoothies takes only one step and a couple of minutes to make!
Start with placing everything in the blender and pulse, scraping the sides often until everything is blended.
Once everything gets going, blend on medium speed until it's completely smooth.
Are Peach Smoothies Healthy?
Yes! The ingredients in this smoothie are very nourishing to your body and add many nutritional benefits.
- This peach banana smoothie is gluten-free and easy to make sugar-free, low-fat and vegan if you want!
- Peaches are anti-inflammatory, reduce allergy symptoms, help support heart health and are loaded with vitamins A, C, K and E.
- Bananas are great for digestion, are extremely high in Vitamin C and are great for your skin, among many other things!
- Greek Yogurt is packed with protein and probiotics. It will help help you full, longer and is great for your bones!
- Honey is a rich source of phenols and other antioxidant compounds and also supports heart health.
This recipe makes two smoothies. But if you are looking to make them in advance or just want to enjoy one right away, they are extremely easy to store!
Refrigerator storage: If you want to enjoy it within 24 hours, you can keep it in the fridge and give it a quick stir before serving. Please note, the frozen ingredients will melt and the consistency may change but it will still be delicious!
Freezer: To freeze, place in an airtight freezer-safe container. About an hour before serving, remove to thaw and add to the blender with about ½ cup of water or milk of choice.
This Banana Peach Smoothie is loaded with all the protein and nutrients you need for it to be a meal on its own, but it's also great to serve with appetizers or enjoy with a dessert.
Expert Tips and FAQS
For an extra special touch on your banana peach smoothie, add a slice of fresh peach and a sprig of mint to the glass or top of the smoothie.
For a thicker smoothie, use frozen fruit and add less milk or water.
If you prefer your smoothie to be a bit thinner, add additional milk or water and adjust the amount of frozen fruit.
Use frozen banana whenever possible for a perfectly thick, creamy smoothie that's almost like a banana shake!
For best results, add liquid to your blender first, followed by the fruit and yogurt.
Yes! If you are using fresh peaches, you may find you need less liquid than the recipe calls for. Just prepare the smoothie as directed and slowly add the liquid at the end. Note above that you may need to add ice for a thicker consistency.
Since you are using frozen fruit you likely won't need ice. The frozen fruit works better because the ice melts and waters the smoothie down.
1. Decide how many servings you want to make for the week and calculate how much of each ingredient you will need.
2. Add individual servings of the banana and peach to containers and freeze.
3. Measure out the yogurt, sweetener, and liquid into containers and store in the refrigerator.
4. When ready to make, grab one of each container of ingredients and add them to the blender and blend up!
Store the fruit in the freezer for up to 1 month and the yogurt mixture in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card right below! You can also write a review in the comment section further down the page I always appreciate your feedback. And don’t forget to tag me @freshcoasteats in your photos on social media, I'd love to see your results!
Peach Banana Smoothie
- 1 pound peaches frozen
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup greek yogurt vanilla or peach
- ½ cup water juice, or milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Combine all ingredients in the blender.
- Pulse until well combined, then blend on medium low speed until smooth.
- Slowly add more water or milk of choice until desired consistency is achieved.